Passport Form DS-3053

Consent to Issue a Passport to a Minor Child

Download Form

Form DS-3053 is used to provide consent by the non-applying guardian or parent to authorize the other parent to apply for a minor child's passport. The form may also be used when written consent is not able to be obtained but a statement must be provided detailing the reason(s) why the other parent is not available and all efforts you have made to contact the other party. You may attach addition sheets to your form if necessary.

Fast Passport Services New US Passport Fast Passport Renewal Lost or Stolen Passport Replacement Add Additional Passport Pages Passports for Children and Infants Expedited International Driving Permits $79 Expedited Passports

  • Your Completed DS-3053 Form filled out in black ink
  • A Completed Form DS-11 for the minor needing a passport filled out in black ink
  • Make sure you sign in the presense of a notary and have the form notarized.
  • Include copied of both the front and back of your photo ID
  • The written consent form must be no older than 3 months at the time of the application for a passport.