Passport Form DS-82

Passport Renewal by Mail

Download Form

Passport form DS-82 should be used if your have a current US Passport and your Passport:

  • Is not damaged and is available to include with your application
  • Is an adult passport and was not issued before you turned 16
  • Was not issued longer ago than 15 years
  • Your name is the same as your previous passport. If your name has changed you must include the court order or marriage certificate verifying your legal name change.
  • Fast Passport Services New US Passport Fast Passport Renewal Lost or Stolen Passport Replacement Add Additional Passport Pages Passports for Children and Infants Expedited International Driving Permits $79 Expedited Passports

To renew your passport you must include the following documents:

  • A Completed DS-82 Form filled out in black ink
  • Your current United States Passport Book or Passport Card
  • If your name has changed you must include a copy of your marriage certificate or the court order documenting your name change
  • A recent color passport photo which meets the following requirements:
    • No older than 6 months
    • 2" by 2"
    • A white background
    • No altered or retouched in any way
    • No headwear, dark glasses, headphones or similar devices.
  • The required fees for the passport

The form may be sent to the following address:

National Passport Processing Center
Post Office Box 90155
Philadelphia, PA 19190-0155